Totalamp Main Window
Main windows allows you to perform basic operations and access core Totalamp features.
Totalamp main window and UI elements
- Options icon - Opens Options window where you can change many application settings.
- Database icon - Opens Database window where you can add and manage your music files.
- Music Commander (MC) button - Opens Music commander window where you can copy and manage tracks between playlists.
- Playlists (PL) button - Opens Playlists window where you can manage playlists.
- Music Board (2D) button - Opens Music board window where you can place tracks, radios, playlists, emotions and attributes on a surface.
- Music Sphere (3D) button - Opens Music sphere window where you can place tracks, radios, playlists, emotions and attributes on a sphere.
- Lyrics (LR) button - Opens Lyrics window where you can view and edit lyrics.
- Emotions (E) icon - Opens Emotions window where you can manage emotions icons which you can assign to tracks.
- Attributes (A) icon - Opens Attributes window where you can manage text attributes which you can assign to tracks.
- Generators (G) icon - Opens Generators window where you can manage generators which allow you to generate specific playlists or export tracks based on criteria.
- Timer (T) icon - Opens Good night and sleep well timer window where you can set timer to shutdown computer.
- Mode button - Changes main window mode, e.g. dimensions change, artwork area might be hidden, quick access panel dimension change, etc.
- Playback buttons - Standard five Winamp buttons (previous track, play, pause, stop, next track) and two additional buttons for previous folder and next folder.
- Shuffle button - Turns shuffling on and off. When shuffling is on, whole playlist is shuffled (and folders as such are ignored, thus previous and next folder buttons do not have any effect).
- Repeat button - Switches between repeat modes (off, repeat folder, repeat all). When off, each track in playlist is played once. When repeat folder, tracks within one folder are repeated. When repeat all, whole playlist is played repeatedly.
- Artwork image - Displays track artwork (cover) when found. When you click on it, separate Artwork window is opened.
- Quick access panel - 2D area where you can place tracks, radios, playlists, emotions and attributes.
- Other UI elements
- Trackseek slider and subtrack boundaries - This slider shows actual playback position and you can use it to jump to specific time. When subtrack is being played, its boundaries are displayed.
- Volume slider - This slider changes actual volume. This volume is synchronized with Winamp. Resulting volume is influenced by Good night and sleep well timer volume and by subtrack's actual fade-in and fade-out volume when transitions are used, see How to create your first subtrack. See also Volume control for MIDI playback.
- kHz - Shows frequency (sampling rate) of track being played.
- kbps - Shows actual bitrate of track being played.
- Mono - Stereo - Shows whether track source is mono (1 channel) or stereo (2 channels).
- Tracks - Displays total number of tracks in database.
- Track title, file extension and other effects - For more information, see Options :: Main panel :: Track Title and other settings.
- Totalamp icon - You can customize this icon in Options window. When Winamp is not running, the icon is black and white (when you click on it, system tries to start Winamp).
When you click on next track, always the next track in tree starts to play (filtering and sorting has no impact on this, it might happen that next track will not be visible). Same playlist may be opened in two tabs in music commander and in a separate playlist window, and all of them might have different settings (position, expanded or collapsed folders, filter, sorting).
When shuffle is ON, previous and next folder buttons do not have any effect.
You can turn shuffling ON and OFF by shuffle button. Small light on the button indicates the mode. When you turn it OFF, next track is normally selected and played. When shuffle is ON, whole playlist is shuffled. Once the whole sequence is played, whole playlist is shuffled again. This is done also when some track is added or deleted.
There are three repeat modes:
- OFF - Playlist is played once.
- Repeat folder - Folder is played repeatedly. Folder means set of tracks separated by other folders (also on the same level), see example below. One small light on the button indicates this mode.
- Repeat all - Whole playlist is played repeatedly. Two small lights on the button indicate this mode.
Next folder button functionality example
Displays track artwork (cover) when found. When you click on it, separate Artwork window is opened or closed. For more information on embedded covers and disk files with graphics, see Artwork window help page.
Quick Acces Panel
It is 2D area where you can place tracks, radios, playlists, emotions and attributes. See Music board window for more information.
Winamp icon indicates whether Winamp is running (icon is colored) or not (icon is in grey).
When you click on the icon and Winamp is not running, system tries to start Winamp.
When Winamp is running and you click on the icon, system will minimize or restore Winamp (restore will not work when "Keep Winamp minimized" is turned on, see Options :: General.
You can use custom icon.
You can define what Winamp should do when Totalamp starts and terminates, see Options :: General.
Few commands are available in context menu, they should be self explanatory. For more information on main window configuration, see Options :: Main panel :: General and other settings.
Main window context menu
For keyboard shortcuts which apply to main window, see Keyboard Shortcuts.
Technical note: left-right balance slider is not present. If you want to change padding, set this directly in Winamp.
See also Keyboard shortcuts
Back to contents